September 20, 2009

Sunday Sunday

First up, I was off line because Holly has a friend that needed some computer attention. When that happens, I give up my connection and other stuff so that they only have to bring over the CPU. It's easier for them, but I tend to lose touch with the Internet. Here she is in her new workspace where we have it set up with enough stuff that my set up is left alone, well, at least for now. We'll see.

I have some big news, I have been upgraded to a Blackberry Curve for my work "phone". I put phone in quotes because, really, a Blackberry is no more a simple phone than a Lamborghini Testarossa is a simple car. My big fear is becoming addicted to the instant information that this provides. I have spent my first weekend with it and while I was obsessed, I think it was no more than my usual obsession with new gadgets. At least I hope so.

Finally, the best news of all is that Ian is becoming a driver. He's got the style, the look and the current cool clothes. The question is, does he have the knack for driving a clutch? Today was spent with Ian spending some time behind the wheel of my Ford Focus. He hates this car, but it's a pretty cool ride since only a small portion of drivers can handle a clutch. I think he sees the cool factor, just needs more time and less chuckling from the passenger side. I really am sorry Ian, I want you to do your best! Here he is with the card that shows he's ready to go. If only I was.


Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: