July 14, 2010

Minnesota Dreaming

The title is from Spencer.  These were his words as he went up to bed last night; "I'll be Minnesota Dreaming!  See you tomorrow.  That boy loves traveling to Minnesota to see the Young side of the family and this is the first trip since Mom passed.  It's not through lack of effort, he's been after me to make get us back to Minnesota for over a year. 


I like going back too, but there always seems to be too much to do and not enough time.  But I'm really looking forward to this one.  It's going to be fun with lots of twists.  Work with a supplier of ours to set up an easier ordering system, go to a Twins game, have pizza at Georges, maybe hit the Dodge county fair (They'll have Tom Thumb Donuts and they are not available in Michigan) and my 35th class reunion.

It's going to be fast, but I think it's going to be fun too.

A few more shots from our trip to Haiti.
This is the presidential palace, it was in pretty tough shape.








This building was being dismantled.










This one hadn't been started yet.
The smell near these was pretty bad.









I took this before they realized it and once they saw us they were pretty clear that we shouldn't take their pictures.

Our church is sending another team down again in a few weeks, it will be interesting to hear what has changed.




Have a great day/week/weekend,
Pat

No comments: