February 24, 2011

February is almost gone

Hi all.  It's been crazy busy here in West Michigan, at least as far as I'm concerned at work.  We've had a good snowstorm or two, the boys are finally starting to think that Minnesota is sharing it's wealth in snow days.

I've missed some important events and need to shout out to the following:

Nephew Bryce celebrated his birthday on January 28th.  He's my oldest nephew, a really cool cat and well loved by his Michigan cousins.  He's got some other news, but that's gonna wait a minute.







Cousin Nancy, Jim's lovely wife had a birthday on February 18th.   Very cool, she's settling into a slower pace and I'm hopeful it's a great pace to do what she wants.

To be clear, Nancy is the cute one on the right.

Big news, Bryce and Kelli had their baby, Evangeline Joy.  11 pounds.  Born at about 8:PM, 2/20.  Not without some challenges, but family and friends have been praying for all three of them.  Here is a photo of the youngest Young, Eva.  I think she's looking alert and she's saying; "Hey Mom and Dad, not sure what's up, but I am glad that you've got my back."



Holly and the boys are doing well.  We've been doing our scouting and did a camp out this month.  It was supposed to be a "Polar Bear" and we were going to dig snow caves and sleep in them.  The blizzard in the early part of the month was neutralized with warm weather and rain.  By the time we were camping, it was in tents on dirt.  Funny thing was, we had to rush to get home ahead of the 2nd largest snow storm of the season.

Spencer still hasn't heard if he made the cut for the State Geography Bee, we're hopeful, but not sure.

Ian was at the State contest in Lansing and did pretty well, 6th place.  He learned a lot about his new area of interest and I learned that he's really a pretty talented kid.  I should have known, but I think I'm too close to appreciate his fine arts skills.

Have an awesome end of the month and I hope to write again soon.
Pat

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for getting us all caught up!