February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

The first order of business is to say "Happy Valentines Days!" Here's an older shot of me with my favorite Valentine, Holly. You can tell it's old since my hair isn't very gray.



I spent the first half of the week up in Onekama Michigan. If you click on the link you can learn a bit about the little village. Anyway, myself and two others spent a few days up there helping a supplier set up a kanban system help cut down on the crazy order patterns. We stayed at Portage Point, a pretty cool, in a old school way, resort. The first night we got done before sunset and so we went to the channel that connects Portage Lake with Lake Michigan. We walked out on the ice on Lake Michigan, as shown in the first photo that's me and Bill about 400 yards out from shore. It was awesome!


Next we walked out the pier. Well, I only went as far as the handrails. After that it was too icy and common sense got the better part of me. It was a beautiful sunset though. The channel marker on the left was totally coated in ice. Very cool.


Here's another shot, this time it's with Hung and Bill.


Finally, here's a bit of art created by Ian in art class. The photo doesn't do it justice, we're considering having it framed, it way better than the old refrigerator art that he used to produce.


Well, that's it for now.

Have an awesome Valentine's Day and President's Day.
Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My refrigerator art was better than you thought it was.
Ian