August 20, 2009

I'm Back! Yes, I really was gone.

News Items:
My home town, Brownsdale, MN made the news, well, the Austin newspaper anyway. Check it out at the Austin Daily Herald. Read the comments, it must have been a slow news day.
Bret Favre is going to play for the Vikings! I agree with Fran Tarkington, "Give it up!"
Birthday Shout Out to my Nephew Matt. Happy Birthday! Matt's getting married in a few weeks and so I felt that this, with his lovely fiance, would be appropriate.

Today is an Anniversary Shout Out to Holly and me. Today is our 21st anniversary! It's really been great, not quite sure what happened to all those years, but it's been fun!
This is the Engagement Photo
At the reception, no, I don't dance, but I do hug, just not with rhythm.

Christmas 2007, a Victorian Year

May 2009, wild and western all in one.
July 2009, still having fun.
It's been great I hope everyone takes the chance and falls in love, it's fun to grow up together.
I just got back from a quick trip to Texas. Good visit to a customer, a pretty good steak. I forgot to rent a car until the day before. Wouldn't you know, all of the cars in the Dallas Fort Worth area were already rented. I tried each company the night before, even called a corporate office, no luck. We arrived and on faith went to the car rental counters. I pleaded at each one, flashing my gold card, no luck. Until I got to Avis, they had a 12 passenger touring fan. I took it. What the heck, Matt, Bruce and I, we needed our space. It was a bear to drive in heavy traffic, but better than a cab. It worked out pretty good, we took a bunch of people out for lunch and we only used one vehicle. After hours we bombed around to downtown Fort Worth to see the stock yards (We hoped we'd get to pick out our dinner, you know, like they do with Lobsters in the tank at seafood restaurants. Nope.) On the way back to the airport I filled up and from that bit of driving, I put more gas in than I do with the Focus for a month, and it wasn't even down that much. The car rental issue is attributed to; a) fleet change over b) Twins were in town to play the Rangers c) Paul McCartney was in town for a concert.
Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: