August 15, 2010

The weather has broken!

Rough week at work this week.  Nuff said.

Pretty busy weekend too!  Saturday I was hoping to hang out, but ended up at training for selling Boy Scout Popcorn for the afternoon and then Holly had gotten tickets to our local minor league baseball team, the West Michigan Whitecaps

An afternoon of training sessions about the best way to get the most out of the popcorn sales, not my first choice, but it's going to be benefit the Troop in the end.

The baseball game was pretty good, our team was really doing well and the final score was 12 to 3.

Holly took this shot with her cell phone.  Pretty good!

Our seats were behind home plate and we were in the 21st row, in all, they were good seats, way better than the grass.

The tickets came from her employer and included meal vouchers.  Really nice.

I wanted some peanuts during the later innings and so Ian went to get me some, they were out and would have more in 15 minutes.  I'd never heard of that.  After 15 minutes Ian went and got me my peanuts.  They were screaming Mimi hot!  They had run out and freshly roasted a batch and we got the first of them.  They didn't have much salt, but they were really tasty.

Saw lots of people that we knew at the game, it was really kind of funny, her company, a large health care organization, must have given out 1000 tickets, we saw neighbors, the scoutmaster, people that Holly works with and people that I work with.


After the game there was a pretty nice fireworks display.  Spencer was pretty nervous, but once they got started he realized that there wasn't any reason to be nervous and just relaxed and enjoyed the show.

Walking out I used the megaphone that my peanuts came in  and was pretty embarrassing for my boys.  I used my best Darth Vader voice and called out to Ian; "Ian, I am your Father!(add in mechanical breathing sound)"  While he claims he wasn't amused, he was smirking.

Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: