Last night we learned that a friends roller coaster ride with lung cancer has come to an end.
These are the random thoughts that I've pushed aside today:
- Why Brad, why not me? I smoked for 30+years.
- How can the doctors not know how sick he was until a week ago?
- Am I feeling OK or is it just allergies?
- Are we getting close to winning against this disease? Will we ever?
- How many friends/loved ones have I lost to cancer?
- Why would I want to count that!
- I remember watching MaryAnn, my favorite mother-in-law, battle cancer, she did it with dignity and determination. In a way, by those behaviors, she was the one that led me to Jesus.
- I watched what it did to my own Mom, it was brutal.
- Thank goodness he'd "found the Lord", because now he's in heaven.
- Can I make the funeral? When will it be?
- I can't believe the tributes on facebook for his wife, Jen to read.
- I hurt for Jen and his daughters, they will miss him.
|Jen and Brad|
I struggled looking for a picture, but alas, I don't have one of Brad other than the one that I snagged off a post on facebook. Thanks Randy!
Here's to Brad! A good man cut down too early.