December 30, 2008

Photo of the day, Tuesday

Before I get started it's time for a Birthday Shout Out. Tom, the boys beloved Crystal Lake Uncle is having a birthday. His actual birthday is 12/31, New Years Eve, almost as awesome as my birthday. Anyway, let's fill his in box with warm wishes. Happy Birthday Tom! The photo's not the most complimentary, but it is in focus.


This past week I came upon the startling revelation that I am not in really good shape. Like, I get winded walking up a flight of stairs. That's crazy, I quit smoking 18 months ago, I should have better wind. What? I need to exercise? Something more than walking from the car to my desk and back.


It's a resolution coming on, I can feel it, I really don't do resolutions, but I can't help myself this time for some reason. I resolve to a) walk to the dam and back every day that it's possible. Meaning I'm in town and it's not a hurricane out there. b) lose 20 pounds, hopefully that will come with the walking every day, though I suppose I should cut down on the bacon cheeseburgers.


I did the walk twice today, once for a lunch meeting and again this evening with the family. I have included 2 extra photos. First up is one I took this afternoon, this is an overview of the Rockford dam. By the way, we made the front page of the Grand Rapids Press with a story about the flooding and using the dams to control the flow, for those interested you can read it here. Interestingly enough, Rockford shared the front page with an article about how bad the Lions are and they managed to connect the poor performance on the football field with poor attendance. Rocket scientists they aren't.




This is all four of us standing under the gazebo in the park near the dam If you look really close you can see it, top left. Since we have yet to send out our Christmas Cards, this could make it's way into the letter. Who knows?!



Here are the boys sitting on a wall in the same park. As the last two shots show, it's snowing again in Michigan. I was nervous about this shot, the surveillance camera was pointed our way, pretty sure we'll be talked to about this.


Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: