January 24, 2009

Photo of the day, Saturday

Today was a red letter day all around.
I went to my Saturday morning men's group and we had a lot of good discussion. Man, there is some junk going on that just doesn't make sense.

They delivered our car to our house today. Two guys came, Terry was driving our new Chevy Traverse (the link is a report on the vehicle) and Joe was driving the return truck, the one that took them home again. Crazy way to buy a car, but it seems to have worked out great. We love the car! The color is Black Cherry, very cool! This shot was taken at dusk so the red tones are really hard to see.

After lunch I drove Holly to the YMCA and we played a little one on one basketball. I was taking her pretty easy until she ran over my toes with her wheelchair. Just kidding. Actually a friend got us a 2 month visitor pass so that we can use the family locker room. Pretty cool concept, large locker room with hand dryers, lockers and about 10 individual/private bathrooms each with a shower, commode and sink and several of them were wheelchair accessible. It was awesome. So we figured out how to give Holly got a shower, and I even washed her back. She looked ecstatic as we wheeled out and I knew that we'd be back again.

Tonight we had our old Saturday night family small group over for a pizza party. Originally I was going to cook my own pizza recipe for them, but since Holly's laid up and I have plenty of other things to do, I opted for Little Caesar's Hot and Ready Program. Not as good, but everyone understood. We even had a call in from our friends in Iowa that were in the group but have since moved. I Love it when a plan comes together! Here are a few shots from the party.






We are so blessed with great family and great friends to help us and to celebrate life with us.
Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: