October 5, 2008

Photo of the day, Sunday, 10/05/08

Happy Sunday! Today was a really cool day for a number of reasons;


  1. On the drive to church we were at a high spot, it's actually at one of my favorite spots where we can see for miles to the south and as we crested the hill, in the sun, and could see a cloud ahead of us. I told Spencer to wait, when we got to the Grand River, we'd be in that cloud. Sure enough, Dad was right and as we were crossing the Grand River, we were in the cloud, but it seemed like fog to us then and we couldn't even see the river right below us.

  2. The quietest boy in my Sunday school class spoke up in class and actually raised his hand when I was taking prayer requests. When I called on him he wouldn't speak at first and so I tried to guess, with grandparents, parents, brothers... Nothing. Finally he said he wanted us to pray for his Aunt's new nose ring. I was cool with that, last year he never said a word in class and only spoke to me when we were alone. I had to tell his mother the great news. His mom is the Pastor's wife, so I also wanted to see her reaction to the prayer request. She took it well and explained that her sister was much younger than her and she could use the prayer since the parents weren't too happy about the nose ring thing.

  3. It was a cold crisp morning and Holly loaded up the infamous blue roaster with a pork loin and we came home from church to an awesome meal. The infamous part is that that roaster has never let us down with a meal. It just does a phenomenal job for us, no matter what we are cooking and no matter what spices we use. The only drawback is that a pot roast with potatoes and carrots, it all tastes kind of the same when it's done if you know what I mean.

  4. Holly's out mowing the lawn this afternoon and as I hear the mower go, I am reminded that this is the first year since I left college that I haven't' mown at least once. What a bum.

What we have here is the "Fruit of the gardener's Labor". These were the first of the green beans that came out of Holly's and Spencer's garden. To bad about that heavy frost that has now wiped it all out.



Have a great day!

Pat

No comments: