October 9, 2008

Photo of the day, Thursday, 10/9/08

This has been a crazy busy week and it's been hard to get here to post my blog.
-
Last night our CFO was invited to a dinner function by one of our bankers. It was for two seats and a speech by the CEO of Haworth. She asked the boss who should go with her. Since the function was at one of our larger customer's new headquarters in Holland Michigan it was recommended that I go to "network". As an engineer, I hate "networking", everyone is making nice talk, all the while scanning the crowd for a "better" network opportunity. I endure it as a course of business when the events are ones that I must attend, but this was one that I thought I should duck. Oh well, I went.
-
As we wandered around, all the while people are scanning our name tags, trying to see if we were worthy of speaking to, I actually, and quite literally, bumped into the President and CEO of Haworth. I quickly apologized and introduced myself and my company. He was blank on my name, but the company name, he knew well, we were bailing them out of a bad situation. The good Lord only knows how, but a bad situation turned out pretty positive.
-
One of the advantages of this new posting system is that I think I can post more photos without causing anyone trouble. Let me know if you have issues, because I am loading up 2 shots tonight. And they are both Christmas shots that came from Aunt Betty.
-
First up is The Gang of Four, Jack, Dave, me and Maureen. This shot I would say is Christmas in the late 60's. But I can't get much closer. We're at Dad and Pat's house, note that 2 of the stockings say Pat. How they got Jack to hold that reindeer I'll never know. And how the heck did they get us in those suits? And me in a red one, Good Grief. As for Maureen, I am pretty sure that she was the only one that was allowed to retain her dignity. Look at Dave, he's obviously going to be running to student body president.


-
Now, this next one is it the same year or the next one? Same house, but, is it a different day though? Note that we are now joined by cousin John Sipley, Aunt Betty's son. It is the same day, but we were allowed to drop our ties and jackets after the previous shot. Jack, being really cool and hip, left his sweater vest on. I am certain that he still wears them, they're just camouflaged now. David is still holding that "interested to hear your opinion"look. John S., well let's see, I'd say he was relieved that he wasn't in the Christmas program this year. I notice that I have my smirk on, it still serves me well. Where's Maureen you ask? I have to think that she's where she usually was, on the short side of the table with the Aunt Betty.




-
I am certain that I have missed the boat, so, if you have input, post a comment. If you get this by email, please click on the header and go to the website to post publicly. I can take the lumps in public, really I can. Once you are at the site, please go to the bottom of the post and click on "Post a comment" and there you have it. Please be polite, I don't want to moderate because some can't type cleanly.
-
Have a great day,
Pat

No comments: