November 1, 2008

Photo of the day, Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy first day of November.


Also, I have it on good authority that today is my Niece Kelsey's birthday. Kelsey is an awesome young woman that I have had the pleasure of watching grow up in the snap shots of visits, 2 to 4 times a year. I don't have a recent photo of her, but let's all wish her a Happy Day!


We did our chores today and managed to get quite a bit of our weekly, monthly and semi-annual chores done today. It was an impressive use of our time. Of course now that that's out of the way, I'll be done for the year. Just kidding Holly.


Tonight we had training for the Children's Ministry that I work in at church. We don't call it Sunday School, it's The Fort. I'm not a Sunday school teacher, I'm a small group leader. I have talked about this before, probably when I was still doing the email gig, but I really think that this is what it's supposed to be, a group of people learning and studying together. I think so to such an extent that I am a member of a small group on Tuesday nights, another on Thursday mornings, another on Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings I lead one with youngsters. It is all as it should be and I love it. Without this method of balance my life would still be all about me. While it would be interesting, it's not really a life unless you share the road with others.

Here's one of Ian. He was watching a show with Holly and managed to look up for a second for me. He's been in his PJ's all day, kind of funny, but then I recall days when I did that as a teen.


Have a great day!
Pat

No comments: