November 15, 2008

Photo of the day, Saturday

Ha! The rain/snow never came in force and so the yard work that needed to get done, got done. We raked, we cut bushes back and got most of the flower beds in shape for the winter. That's the most work I've done in the yard in over a year. I'd like to say that I don't even hurt, but that just wouldn't be true. My arm is killing me but my knees are feeling great! Ian and Spencer were awesome out there cleaning gutters, raking and trimming and all.

Holly went to a cooking class down at Red's on the River. Today they were learning about beef brisket, mashed potatoes and gravy. Not sure, but I have a hunch that the dairy content of the potatoes would be lethally high for me. She did ask if the chef could recommend how to make mashed potatoes for a guy with lactose issues. After some thought he came up with an idea that sounds like a winner, it has potatoes, olive oil and some sauteed onions and garlic. I am in!

Someone asked about the cake that we baked for Holly. Good eye Cil, it was not a standard round cake, not a square cake, but a Christmas tree shaped tree. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but cutting an unusual shaped cake is tougher than it looks.

Here's a shot of Spencer up in his room.

Have a great day,
Pat

No comments: